Collier county Parks and Recreation OKs FOUR more permanent Pickleball courts at East Naples Community Park. Great work everyone. Let’s keep it going.
Help get more Pickleball courts in Collier County Florida
A sport with a peculiar name is catching on.
The game is part tennis, part ping-pong and part badminton. It’s played with a large paddle and a whiffle ball on a court the size of a badminton court — 20 feet by 44 feet. The net is 3 feet off the ground.
TEAM FLEISCHMANN MAP
“NEVER SACRIFICE CONTROL FOR POWER.”
“It’s subtle improvements and consistency that will take you to the next skill level.” Jennifer Lucor
Pickleball Tips & Strategies
- Attack the Net!
- Communicate with you Partner. Use terms like “yours” or “mine”.
- Maintain good form while striking the ball.
- Stay light on your feet and move around.
- Be ready and always face the direction the ball is coming from.
- Utilize the baseline dink to the middle as your “Third” shot.
- Exploit your opponent’s backhand.
- Never be predictable — mix up your shots between power and finesse.
- Don’t go for too much — stick with the basics and get the ball in play.
- Try to keep the ball deep but don’t panic if it’s not.
Steve Wong “The Pickleball Pro”