East Naples Skill Level Tournament
East Naples Community Park • Naples, FL Map 3500 Thomasson Dr, 34112
Skill Level / with Age Breakdown
Friday, March 13, Singles
Saturday, March 14, Men’s and Women’s Doubles
Sunday, March 15, Mixed Doubles
Friday, Saturday, Sunday • March 13, 14, 15, 2015
Southeast Pickleball Tournaments
A sport with a peculiar name is catching on.
The game is part tennis, part ping-pong and part badminton. It’s played with a large paddle and a whiffle ball on a court the size of a badminton court — 20 feet by 44 feet. The net is 3 feet off the ground.
“NEVER SACRIFICE CONTROL FOR POWER.”
“It’s subtle improvements and consistency that will take you to the next skill level.” Jennifer Lucor
Pickleball Tips & Strategies
- Attack the Net!
- Communicate with you Partner. Use terms like “yours” or “mine”.
- Maintain good form while striking the ball.
- Stay light on your feet and move around.
- Be ready and always face the direction the ball is coming from.
- Utilize the baseline dink to the middle as your “Third” shot.
- Exploit your opponent’s backhand.
- Never be predictable — mix up your shots between power and finesse.
- Don’t go for too much — stick with the basics and get the ball in play.
- Try to keep the ball deep but don’t panic if it’s not.
Steve Wong “The Pickleball Pro”