Sally and I are going to have a pickleball clinic with Coach Mo and Jim Wright at Fleichmann Park in January of 2015. If you are interested email me for more information.
A sport with a peculiar name is catching on.
The game is part tennis, part ping-pong and part badminton. It’s played with a large paddle and a whiffle ball on a court the size of a badminton court — 20 feet by 44 feet. The net is 3 feet off the ground.
TEAM FLEISCHMANN MAP
“NEVER SACRIFICE CONTROL FOR POWER.”
“It’s subtle improvements and consistency that will take you to the next skill level.” Jennifer Lucor
Pickleball Tips & Strategies
- Attack the Net!
- Communicate with you Partner. Use terms like “yours” or “mine”.
- Maintain good form while striking the ball.
- Stay light on your feet and move around.
- Be ready and always face the direction the ball is coming from.
- Utilize the baseline dink to the middle as your “Third” shot.
- Exploit your opponent’s backhand.
- Never be predictable — mix up your shots between power and finesse.
- Don’t go for too much — stick with the basics and get the ball in play.
- Try to keep the ball deep but don’t panic if it’s not.
Steve Wong “The Pickleball Pro”